Mostly heads-down programming on the device driver for the SFENA HSI today, however, I also received some cool new toys. I got a set of Litton LTN-72RL Control Display Units (CDUs) from Lee King in Arizona today.
Litton Aero Products, the original manufacturer of the CDU and the INU it was connected to is now part of
Northrop Grumman. The units are really neat and it will be lot of fun trying to make them work (of course after the HSIs are done).
 |
| Litton LTN-72RL CDU |
The CDUs are vintage 1981 and have spent a really long time powered off ... first in the desert and then in storage. They are really clean and, despite their age, powered right back up. The units are driven by a 28VDC source. The next few steps will be to get into the digital protocol that the units used between the INU and the CDU.
I actually found the pinout for the CDUs in a technical reference manual for the KC-10.
.png) |
| Litton LTN-72R Pinout |
No comments:
Post a Comment