
So close! Except for one instrument, a small airspeed indicator, I have assembled all the instruments for the main engine cluster. Here is a list of what is installed from top left to bottom right:
- Standby Attitude Indicator (as flown on the L-1011)
- True Air Temperature and EPR Mode Indicator (as flown on the L-1011)
- 3 EPR Instruments (as flown on a Boeing 747)
- Trailing Edge Flaps Position Indicator (as flown on the L-1011 (not the 500s))
- Altimeter (as flown on a Boeing 727)
- 3 N1 Instruments (as flown on a Boeing 747)
- 3 EGT Instruments (as flown on a Boeing 747)
- Landing Gear Lever (as flown on the L-1011)
- 3 N3 Instruments (as flown on a Boeing 747)
- 3 Fuel Flow (FF) Instruments (as flown on the Boeing 747)
- Brake Pressure Indicator (unknown - but not the way it would have been on the L-1011)
In previous pictures here on the blog, I had shown the engine cluster with N1 and N2 instruments only. I was previously under the wrong impression that there are no N3 instruments for this particular gauge style. Well, I was wrong! I found the correct N3 instruments and they are now part of the engine cluster as they would have been in the actual L-1011 configuration for the Rolls-Royce RB211 engines.

There is a good amount of damage to the annunciator fields on the panel that I have. Several of the clear/red annunciators are replaced with paper legends (this must have been done while the panel was on the line) and two of the annunicator caps broke off during de-installtion when the aircraft was scraped. Eventually, I would like to either replace the annunciators, or replace the complete panel.
No comments:
Post a Comment