
So, I took a trip to Tucson, Arizona. It was mostly for work, but I managed to work a few hours in and visit a few of the awesome aviation sites in Tucson. Please forgive me, but the next few days I will annoy you with pictures from the Tucson trip. I just think they are worth sharing! Once I get the Tucson trip out of my system, we will head right back to the Lockheed L-1011 project.
This first posting I will dedicate to one of my all time Lockheed favorites -- The Lockheed C-121 Constellation

The first time I stood in-front of a Lockheed Constellation I was truly amazed by just how well that aircraft was engineered. Just look at the picture above and look at the immensely elegant design of the fuselage. In essence, the C-121 fuselage is an airfoil ... the design is nothing but amazing.

The last image is a panorama I took ... click on it and you will see it in much higher resolution. I think, a Constellation would fit perfectly into my backyard!
No comments:
Post a Comment